Achieve Results Using Our Fun, Positive, Rewarding Training Methods
Our Mission is:
To help dogs stay in their homes and out of shelters by providing a results driven, easy to understand, and fun training program.
Rescuing dogs from shelters or purchasing from a reputable breeder is only the first step to owning a dog. Training is the key to ensuring dogs stay in their homes by providing common understanding, good behavior and an outlet for instinct, ability, and exercise.
Our training philosophy is based on 40+ years of experience and a sampling of techniques from a variety of resources and training methods.
1. Praise & Rewards Get Repeat Behavior
2. Mark Good Behavior
3. Keep Training Lessons Short
4. End Training On Positive Wins
5. Use High Value Rewards
6. Be Consistent
7. Ask, Tell, Achieve (Voice & Body Language)
8. Activity & Mental Stimulation Are the Recipe You Need = Tired & Fulfilled Dog = A Good Dog
9. Understand Your Dogs Breed Characteristics & Abilities (The Why)
10. Set Your Dog Up For Success
11. Connection is Ready & Listening
12. Use Natural Methods That Dogs Understand and Make Learning Fun
13. Socialization = Learned Behaviors
14. Owners & Handlers Are 90% of Why Dogs Behave the Way They Do (It's not the dog's fault.)
15. Proof Your Training
16. Go Back to the Basics When Issues Arise
17. Dogs Have Big Vocabularies - Use Them
18. Dogs Are Social Learners
19. Train in a Variety of Environments
20.Your training foundation and partnership with your dog is the building block for champion results and more importantly, your dog of a lifetime.